Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Thank You Card - Take 2!

Ok, so yesterday after I posted my card, I realised I really wasn't all that happy with it.  There was just something about it that was bugging me, and when I feel like that....I know I need to make something else!

I went and got a big box of chocolates this morning and found the prettiest colour tissue paper - it was pretty close to Stampin' Up!'s Pool Party colour (give or take a shade) which I really like!

After wrapping the choccies up, I thought I'd find a colour scheme that worked with this pretty colour - and so my card evolved!


I then used the same DSP and elements from the card to decorate the box of choccies! 


Thankfully I'm really happy this time round, so I won't drive myself nuts and have to make something else tomorrow! lol


6 comments:

Fiona Harrison said...

I liked yesterday's card, but really like this one, much more 'Karen-ish'. Love the colours and the matching gift wrapping. Teacher will be thrilled.

Amanda said...

Oh I love it! I may just have the Mother Day card inspiration I needed now. Thanks. Oh and welcome back to blogging - I really missed you.
Amanda J.

~amy~ said...

super pretty!!!! lovin' the colors and of course, the blooms!

Marelle Taylor said...

These are sooo pretty! I'm sure she'll love them. Only problem is the gift is too pretty to rip open!

Jodene said...

I liked yesterday's card too, but this one is gorgeous and I love how you matched it with the wrapping :)

Christine Blain said...

Oh, wow! You weren't happy with yesterday's card? But it's so CUTE! This set is beautiful too, love. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online